Copyright (DMCA) Notice
Rhode Island Association of REALTORS®, Inc. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notice Claims of Copyright Infringement & Related Issues (17 U.S.C. § 512 et seq.)
Rhode Island Association of REALTORS®, Inc. (“RIAR”) owns this web site. If you believe that your intellectual property has been displayed by RIAR or a third-party in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send a written notice to RIAR at the address provided below.
In order for RIAR to process your complaint, please include the following information. Please be aware that RIAR is not legally required to process your request until you comply with all of the requirements below.
- A description of the intellectual property that you claim has been infringed upon.
- A description or documentation of where what you believe to be your intellectual property appears on our web site.
- Your address, telephone number, and, if available, email address so that we may investigate your complaint.
- A signed statement that the above information is accurate; that you have a good faith belief that the identified use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf in this situation; and.
- Your electronic or physical signature.
Once RIAR receives your completed and signed complaint, RIAR will investigate it. If warranted, RIAR will remove, or disable access to, remove infringing materials.
Please be aware that there are substantial penalties for making false claims.
If you believe that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, you may submit a counter notification to the RIAR DMCA Designated Agent. Please provide us with all of the following information.
Please be aware that RIAR is not legally required to process your request until you complete, sign, and return your counter notification.
- A description of the material that has been removed by RIAR or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, your email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of federal district court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the U.S., for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found; and that you will accept service of process from the complainant.
- A physical or electronic signature of the poster;
Notices for claims or counterclaims should be sent as follows:
Primary: John Breault
Secondary: Monica Staaf
Designated Copyright Agent
Rhode Island Association of REALTORS®, Inc.
100 Bignall Street
Warwick, Rhode Island. 02888
RIAR recommends that you seek independent legal counsel before filing a notification or counter-notification. For further information about the DMCA, please visit the website of the United States Copyright Office at https://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp